We take knowledge dissemination very seriously! The sharing of lessons learned will only help the fight against climate change, so we believe in open knowledge transfer. So this page presents the publications produced by the Hero Energy & Engineering team.
- Managing Volt/VAR in Active Distribution Networks Using Distributed Generation Units and Peer to
Peer Communication. Submitted to the MEARIE Group. April 2018.
- Blockchain-Based, Utility Operated Transactional Energy Frameworks. Submitted to the MEARIE Group. April 2020.
Selected Journal and Conference Papers
- Distributed Voltage Regulation Using Permissioned Blockchains and Extended Contract Net Protocol. Accepted in Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 130, September 2021.
- A Permissioned Blockchain System to Reduce Peak Demand in Residential Communities via Energy Trading: A Real-World Case Study. Accepted in IEEE Access, vol. 9. December 2020.
- Blockchain Based Transactive Energy Systems for Voltage Regulation in Active Distribution Networks. Accepted in IET Smart Grid, vol 3, no. 5. October 2020.
- Design and Field Implementation of a Multi-Agent System for Voltage Regulation Using Smart Inverters
and Data Distribution Service. Accepted in 2018 IEEE Electrical Power and Energy Conference(EPEC). October 2018.
- Nonlinear, Reduced Order, Distributed State Estimation in Microgrids. Accepted in 2015 IEEE Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP). April 2015.
- Shivam Saxena (2021) “Distributed Communication and Control Frameworks for Smart Distribution Grids Using Internet of Things and Blockchain Technology”, York University
- Shivam Saxena (2015)* “Distributed State Estimation for Smarter Electric Power Grids“, York University
*Awarded Best Departmental Thesis Award – York Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department